Audio Engineering Requirements
Associate of Science in Audio Engineering (A.S.)
Bachelor of Science in Audio Engineering (B.S.)
Applicants for the Audio Engineering and Sound Production program must complete the online application and submit the following portfolio materials by the December 1, 2016 deadline: Audio Engineering applicant questionnaire, portfolio of artistic and creative work, three letters of recommendation, an essay and a copy of your transcript. All the required portfolio materials must be submitted online by the deadline. Please click here for detailed instructions.
A musical audition is not required for admission. A limited number of students will be invited for an on-campus interview. Interviews are scheduled during audition weekends through the Office of Music Admissions. For further information you may contact the Audio Engineering Office at the following telephone number: (812) 855-1087 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio Engineering Portfolio:
- Describe your musical education and training.
- Describe your audio production skills and experience.
- Describe your experience with technology and computers outside of audio production.
- What are your musical likes and dislikes?
- What would you like to learn from the Audio Engineering program?
- What are your career goals?
- Why have you chosen Indiana University?
2. Artistic and Creative Work
This can include any of your artistic, creative, and technical work. Some examples might be CDs you have recorded, produced, or played on as a musician; musical repertoire; web design; computer programming; visual arts, film or video; electronics projects; etc. Submissions may be on CD, DVD, photographs, URLs, and print materials. Please include a complete description of your portfolio materials.
3. Three letters of recommendation from teachers or musical instructors.
4. Essay-Write a paper of 3-5 pages on one of the following topics:
- Choose an artist or recording and discuss the significance to you as a musician.
- Choose a piece of equipment or technological innovation and discuss its impact on audio production and the entertainment industry.
- Choose a film or video game and discuss its use of sound and how it enhances the storyline.