Music Admissions & Financial Aid
Life in Bloomington
Welcome to the Admissions and Financial Aid area of the Jacobs School of Music!
If you are considering applying for admission to our school, you will find helpful information about all aspects of the admissions process by clicking on the topics in the menu to the left. Our staff also stand ready to assist you in any way we can, so please feel free to call us at 812-855-7998 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
IMPORTANT NEWS AND UPDATES (December 1, 2014)
- The graduate application requires two steps: the application for the University Graduate School (UGS), as well as the JSOM Graduate Application. If you experience any difficulty when submitting your UGS application please email the University Graduate School.
Note: graduate applicants will see the option to submit letters of recommendation after they click submit on their JSOM application.
- The undergraduate application for fall 2015 is available here. You will be asked to write a personal statement specific to music, which is an opportunity for you to share with us any additional information (300-500 words). You will then be asked to write an essay for Indiana University Office of Admissions (200-400 words).
- We have reached capacity for ballet auditions for the January audition weekend. We are no longer scheduling ballet auditions for January. All previously submitted applications with requests for the month of January will be scheduled during the weekend requested.
- Pre-screening submissions should be uploaded online via Decision Desk.
- Due to the heavy volume of applications we have received, we have extended the application deadline to Monday, December 8. All application materials and pre-screenings must be received in our office on or before this date.