We are now accepting summer program planning sheets. Registration for summer will begin on Wednesday, March 25.
We are now aacepting fall program planning sheets. Registration for fall will begin on Monday, April 6.
Contact the Music Graduate Office
East Studio Building 120 (JS 120)
205 S. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Hours: 8 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu
musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Eric Isaacson), Director (on leave for Spring 2015 - interim director Phil Ford)
serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Advisor
anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Victoria Wheeler), Secretary
musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Brittany Dye), Doctoral Clerk
Information for Students Beginning a New Graduate Program
Orientation is an important part of your academic program. If you have any questions about orientation or the graduate programs at IU, send an e-mail (musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu), call (812) 855-1738, or stop by the Music Graduate Office (JS120).
If an extreme situation prevents you from attending the entire New Student Orientation, contact the Music Graduate Office immediately to ask about your options and the repercussions of missing part of Orientation.
- Click here to pre-register for fall orientation
- Click here to pre-register for summer orientation
- IU e-mail and computer accounts
- International student orientation (required for all international students)
- Student responsibility
- Bachelor of Music equivalency
- Transfer policies
What to expect during orientation
- New student orientation schedules
- Advising and registration
- Entrance Examinations (master's and doctoral students)
- Keyboard placement hearing (master's and doctoral students)
Other Jacobs School of Music information
Other items of interest
- Parking permit (can be purchased as soon as you have your IU ID number)
- Student ID card (can be obtained one week before classes begin, during orientation)
- Resources for students
- Campus housing for graduate students
- Student life
- Graduate and Professional Student Organization
- City of Bloomington web site
Direct questions about music financial aid (scholarships, fellowships, AI and GA appointments) to the Music Admissions and Financial Aid office (musicadm [at] indiana [dot] edu, 812-855-7998).
Direct questions about university financial aid (federal loans and grants) to the Office of Student Financial Assistance (University Financial Aid).