Contact the Music Graduate Office
Merrill Hall 011
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office hours: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 1:00-4:00 pm
E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu
- musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Prof. Eric Isaacson), Director
- serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Academic Advisor
- anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
- musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sherri Bishop), Secretary
- musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Jennifer Kirby), Doctoral Clerk
Keyboard Placement Hearing (for master's and doctoral students only)
On the first day of New Student Orientation, most master's and doctoral students will be assigned a keyboard placement hearing time for either later in the orientation week or early in the semester. This individual appointment will be for you to find out where your current skills on the piano stand in relation to the requirements of the keyboard proficiency exam. You do not need to prepare for the keyboard placement hearing. Click here for detailed information about the Keyboard Proficiency Exam (which is not the same as the keyboard placement hearing).
Students in the Early Music, Guitar, Harp, Jazz Studies, Musicology, Organ, and Piano departments take the keyboard proficiency directly with their department, so they do not need to participate in the keyboard placement hearing during New Student Orientation.