Contact the Music Graduate Office
Merrill Hall 011
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office hours: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 1:00-4:00 pm
E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu
- musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Prof. Eric Isaacson), Director
- serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Academic Advisor
- anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
- musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sherri Bishop), Secretary
- musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Jennifer Kirby), Doctoral Clerk
Graduate-level students interested in advanced work in music performance or academics may be admitted as visiting students, subject to the following:
- The student must audition for a faculty committee, be accepted by a particular faculty member for instruction, and be approved by the Admissions and Recruitment Committee of the Jacobs School of Music. Visiting students are not required to take proficiency examinations in music theory, music history and literature, or English. For the summer session, visiting students may be admitted only if they have been accepted by an individual faculty member. Visiting students who wish to continue study during the regular academic year must audition for a faculty committee.
- Graduate visiting students must register for a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester (4 credit hours in the summer) including major ensemble courses.
- Graduate visiting students may attend a maximum of two semesters during the academic year and four summer sessions.
- Graduate visiting students are not eligible for financial aid from the Jacobs School of Music during the fall and spring semesters.
- Credits earned as a graduate visiting student may be applied toward a degree or diploma only with permission of the director of graduate studies. Graduate visiting students wishing to change to degree or diploma status must complete the application process of the Jacobs School of Music and Indiana University.