New Music Ensemble Reading/Recording Session, Fall 2013
Indiana University Composers:
CALL FOR SCORES
2-8 works/excerpts will be selected for a reading, depending on length and difficulty. Preference will be given to ensemble works rather than chamber works. Works in progress are allowed, encouraged, and even preferred! This is meant to be a laboratory situation. Take advantage of it. Write 5 voicings of the same chord, orchestrate a passage 3 ways, try something you are not sure will work, etc.
MAXIMUM INSTRUMENTATION: 1111-1111-2pc,hp,2pn-2111 MINIMUM INSTRUMENTATION: 7 instruments
DATE of READING/RECORDING: Friday, Oct. 25, 12:20-2:15 Auer Hall
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY TO DDZUBAY AND INCLUDE:
1. instrumentation (in above format)
2. percussion list
4. attached pdfs of score and one sample part
DEADLINE: 12:00 noon, Friday, Oct. 18.
SELECTED WORKS will be announced Friday, Oct. 18, by midnight.
2 SCORES AND ALL PARTS DUE: Monday, Oct. 21, 12:00 noon to David Dzubay - leave at mail room.
- parts MUST be neat, legible, accurate, double sided, bound, etc.
- include measure numbers at the start of every system
- it is preferable to also include rehearsal letters or numbers
- account for page turns
- include cues as needed