Jazz Studies Faculty
HONOR THE PAST | SHAPE THE PRESENT | IMAGINE THE FUTURE
Welcome to the Jazz Studies Program at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, one of the first and foremost jazz programs in the world.
- To contact us, please write to email@example.com
- For information about auditions and how to apply go to Admissions
- Check out this video about the 2015 Jazz Celebration featuring John Fedchock!
- IU Jazz alum Matt Mitchell wins prestigious Doris Duke Impact Award. Read more here>
- IU Jazz Faculty Dave Stryker (guitar) and Wayne Wallace (trombone and producer) make the DownBeat Critics Poll again!
- Alumni in the DownBeat Critics Poll include Randy Brecker, John Clayton, Jeff Hamilton, Sara Caswell, Eric Alexander, Scott Wendholt, Roger Rosenberg, and Matt Mitchell (piano), who appears on the Jazz Album of the Year (Rudresh Mahanthappa's Bird Calls).
Our mission is to prepare students for professional careers and leadership roles in jazz and related fields of contemporary music by providing exceptional training that equips students with the flexible skills and experience required of successful, well-rounded musicians, and creative jazz artists.
A wide variety of performance opportunities and a comprehensive curriculum ground our students in the rich history, traditions, and culture of jazz while nurturing their exploration of new and contemporary styles in an environment that encourages a free-flowing exchange of ideas between faculty, students, guest artists, and the community.
Our faculty, students, and alumni serve as a resource for the Jacobs School of Music, university, state, national, and international communities through our world-class creative activities in performance, composition, education, and scholarship.