Jazz Studies Faculty
HONOR THE PAST | SHAPE THE PRESENT | IMAGINE THE FUTURE
Welcome to the Jazz Studies Program at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, one of the first and foremost jazz programs in the world.
- To contact us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about auditions and how to apply go to Admissions
In the News
- IU Vocal Jazz Ensembles perform with Manhattan Transfer legend Janis Siegel, Monday, November 10 at 8 pm in Auer Hall. Read more here >
- Check out the article about IUJazz! in the September issue of DownBeat!
- Alumnus Jamey Aebersold named National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master. Read more here >
- 2014 Jazz Education Network Conference featured over 20 presentations and performances by IU Jazz faculty, students, and alumni!
- IU Jazz welcomes Steve Allee to the faculty in fall 2014!
- IU Jazz welcomed three new artists to the faculty in fall 2013:
Check out this video about IU Jazz!
Our mission is to prepare students for professional careers and leadership roles in jazz and related fields of contemporary music by providing exceptional training that equips students with the flexible skills and experience required of successful, well-rounded musicians, and creative jazz artists.
A wide variety of performance opportunities and a comprehensive curriculum ground our students in the rich history, traditions, and culture of jazz while nurturing their exploration of new and contemporary styles in an environment that encourages a free-flowing exchange of ideas between faculty, students, guest artists, and the community.
Our faculty, students, and alumni serve as a resource for the Jacobs School of Music, university, state, national, and international communities through our world-class creative activities in performance, composition, education, and scholarship.