MITS Quick Links
- Preserving OnCourse content
- Classroom technology
- Instructional technology links
- Instructional technology introduction
- MITS Faculty Spotlights
- MITS on Canvas
Music Information Technology Services is pleased to bring workshops to Jacobs School of Music staff and faculty. Unless stated otherwise, all workshops take place in the William and Gayle Cook Music Library.
The following schedule is subject to change.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): An Overview
- One-hour workshop geared towards faculty or staff. Led by staff from Indiana University's Office of the Registrar.
- Full-length video of faculty workshop.
Computers and IT for Beginners
- Hands-on, forty-five-minute workshop geared towards PC or Mac. Topics covered include:
- the anatomy of your computer
- how to search for files efficiently
- how to map shared and network drives
- best practices for filing IT service tickets
- overview of technology available at IU
- IT training opportunities for faculty and staff
Canvas: Basics I
- Hands-on, one-hour workshop covering the following topics:
- Global navigation and settings
- Course navigation and settings
- Assignments, Files, Syllabus, and Grade book
- Pages and Modules
Handout: Important Canvas terms.
Webmail to Exchange Migration
- Hands-on, one-hour workshop guiding attendees through the mandatory migration from Webmail to Exchange.
- Two-hour workshop by Kenneth Elliott of UITS covering the following topics:
- Basic Lync settings (e.g., presence)
- Call forwarding
- Transferring voice calls
- Instant messaging
- File transfers
- Video calls
Useful resource: IU's Unicom How-To Guides
Canvas: Basics II
- 50-minute, hands-on workshop covering the following topics:
- Creating a practice site
- Managing course resources with "Pages"
- Creating appointment sign ups with "Scheduler"
- Creating assignments
- Participants use a small number of exercise files with which to accomplish the above tasks.
Handout: Canvas: Basics II
Outlook 2010 (Windows)
- Hands-on, one-hour workshop covering the following Outlook topics:
- Email: Views, Quick Steps, Folders, Rules, Flags, Archiving
- Calendar: appointments, meetings, scheduling assistant
- Special requests
Possible if given sufficient lead time.
- Attendees also learn how to use Outlook 2010 through IUanyWare.
Handouts: Available upon musicits [at] indiana [dot] edu (email request).
Useful resource: UITS IT training document