Working with UITS's Classroom Technology Services, Music Information Technology Services provides support for the technology installed in JSoM classrooms and assists faculty wishing to integrate technology into their courses.
All classrooms have a traditional audio rack and an overhead transparency projector. The following classrooms are enhanced with computer technology.
Simon Music Library and Recital Center
- M015(Sweeney Lecture Hall), seats 193.
- M242, seats 55.
- M340, seats 48.
- M344, seats 48.
- M350, seats 48.
- M356, seats 48.
- M005 (Auer Hall Green Room)
- M271, Seminar style, seats 12
- M267, Seminar style, seats 25
- M263, Seminar style, seats 12
- M373, Computer classroom (32 Macintosh computers and instructor's station: maintained by UITS, can be reserved by faculty teaching computing-related courses. Each station has a MIDI keyboard. The teaching station is connected to a ceiling-mounted projector. For an up-to-date list of software available at this site, and for information on reserving this facility, see the Student Technology Centers Web page at: stcweb stcweb.uits.indiana.edu.)
- MU204 (seats 30)
- MU205 (seats 35)
Musical Arts Center
UITS maintains a distributed Student Technology Center (STC) on the 1st and 3rd floors of the Music Library. Many of these computers are equipped with midi keyboards; students can access variations and several music software applications, including Finale, Sibelius, FreeStyle, Digital Performer, Csound, ETDrill, and Practica Musica.