MITS Quick Links
- Classroom technology
- Instructional technology links
- Instructional technology introduction
- MITS on Canvas
Although help is always available by calling the MITS Help Line at 855-7832 or emailing musicits [at] indiana [dot] edu, the following pdf files are available for those who wish to learn more about routine tasks.
- How to Add a Network Printer - If your All in One printer requires a code for printing, that can be entered in the printer preferences.
- How to Map to a Network Drive
- Configuring IU Cloud Storage to include JSoM File Server
- If your desktop shortcuts to files and folders are not working, you will have to re-create the shortcuts. Right click and drag the file or folder from your groups or user folder on the new server to your desktop, release the mouse and choose “Create shortcut here”. DO NOT COPY the file or folder.
- If you use the open recent feature in opening databases or files, that will no longer work since those recent files are pointing to our old file server. You will have to re-open each file and those will be saved to your recent list.
- Re-add Outlook archive file(s). Please contact musicits [at] indiana [dot] edu or call 5-7832 for assistance.
- To connect to the groups folder on the new server, in the Finder window, click on Go – Connect to Server – type: smb://faust.music.indiana.edu/music/groups or smb://faust.music.indiana.edu/music/users
Not moved to the new file server:
- The Communications share has not moved yet. For those that connect to the share, it will still be \\music1\Communications
- Mac Users folder is still on the Gershwin server (bl-mus-gershwin.ads.iu.edu)
- Accessing Voice Mail
- Change Voice Mail Greeting
- Box Sync for PC
- Box Edit for PC
- How to Add a Networked Printer
- How to Map a Network Drive to the File Server (Faust)
- Connect to the VPN
Didn't find what you were looking for? E-mail musicits [at] indiana [dot] edu with suggestions, or check out the IU Knowledge Base.