How to Apply
Registration now open: Click Here!
***Please note: all registrations must be completed online; there is no paper format of this application.
To make changes to your account including adding tuition or housing charges, or to make a payment, please see the directions HERE.
Application fee: $70.00
Participant Tuition: $595.00 ($75 Early Bird Discount until April 29th)
Auditor Admission: $425
Parking Pass: $11
On-campus housing in Willkie dorm (optional: does not include meals ): $60/night
NEW THIS YEAR - 10 special $200 scholarships are available.
To apply for the scholarships record a one-minute video (on someone's phone) answering the question;
"How will you and your approach to performance change by coming to Fearless Performance Camp this summer?"
Professor Nelsen and the Scholarship Award Committee will decide who receives the gifts. Please email your video or a link to your video to email@example.com
Tuition scholarship grants for the 2014 Fearless Performance seminar at the Jacobs School of Music are made possible in part by a generous gift from John and Tomoko Ulmer.
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music application fees also apply.
Bring anything you want to perform! A C Major scale 1 octave ascending is enough for the 4 days. Beyond that, here are some ideas:
- An exposition (or something of similar length) of a solo work
- 3 orchestral/band excerpts
- 2-3 Orchestral Excerpts (if applicable)
- 5 three minute excerpts from solos, chamber works, or etudes
Please offer four arias in contrasting styles and languages, including:
- one aria in Italian
- one aria by Mozart, Handel, or Rossini
- one aria in English.
- No audition is necessary for entry into the seminar.
- Participants must be 16 or older; 16 and 17-year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
- Auditors do not participate in the workshop in any way, other than to observe.
- The non-refundable $70.00 application fee is a separate charge and not part of tuition.
- For off-campus housing options, click on "Visiting" in the left menu.
- There is a $100.00 cancellation fee for refunded tuition.
- Tuition includes locker rental.
The Jacobs School of Music reserves the right to cancel a workshop if enrollment is not met. Participants will be informed 2 weeks before the start of the workshop and receive a full refund.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution.
Indiana University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Students who believe that they are eligible for an accommodation should contact Disabled Student Services at (812) 855-7578. TDD, (812) 855-7654