How to Apply
Online registration: Click here!
***Please note: all registrations must be completed online; there is no paper format of this application.
Application fee: $70.00
Participant Tuition: $599.00
Auditor Tuition: $350.00
On-campus housing in Willkie dorm (optional; does include meals or linens): $55/night
Registration Deadline: May 20, 2013
Fees Deadline: May 20, 2013
Bring anything you want to perform! A C Major scale 1 octave ascending is enough for the 5 days. Beyond that, here are some ideas:
- An exposition (or something of similar length) of a solo work
- 5 orchestral/band excerpts
- 2-3 Orchestral Excerpts (if applicable)
- 5 three minute excerpts from solos, chamber works, or etudes
Please offer four arias in contrasting styles and languages, including:
- one aria in Italian
- one aria by Mozart, Handel, or Rossini
- one aria in English.
- Please note that only full payment will secure your position.
- No audition is necessary for entry into the seminar.
- Participants must be 16 or older; 16 and 17-year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
- Auditors do not participate in the workshop in any way, other than to observe.
- The non-refundable $70.00 application fee is a separate charge and not part of tuition.
- This program does not offer any scholarships.
- For off-campus housing options, click on "Visiting" in the left menu.
- There is a $100.00 cancellation fee for refunded tuition.
- Tuition includes a temporary computer account and locker rental.
The Jacobs School of Music reserves the right to cancel a workshop if enrollment is not met. Participants will be informed 2 weeks before the start of the workshop and receive a full refund.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution.
Indiana University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Students who believe that they are eligible for an accommodation should contact Disabled Student Services at (812) 855-7578. TDD, (812) 855-7654