How to Apply
Registration for Fall 2015 Ballet Classes: CLICK HERE!
Please read all of the following instructions. Your email is your login. If you are not applying for financial aid, please complete the payment process with a credit card or check following the instructions on the application. If you ARE applying for Financial Aid, please see the instructions below.
Notes for Returning Students
RETURNING STUDENTS: You should have received an email with specific instructions for registering your child.
If you have not received an email specific to your child, please contact the IU Pre-College Ballet at firstname.lastname@example.org for level placement.
Lower levels please follow instructions below.
CM1 → CM2; Creative movement 1 will move up to creative movement 2
CM2 → CM3; Creative movement 2 will move up to creative movement 3
CM3 → Intro Ballet; CM3 will move to Intro to Ballet
Intro to Ballet → Primary Ballet; Intro Ballet will move to Primary Ballet
Level 1 → Secondary Ballet; Level 1 will move to Secondary Ballet
- All returning students must read and follow the new dress code policy, found HERE.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER, contract IU Pre-College Ballet at email@example.com
- We are following the Monroe County Schools (MCCSC) Age Bracket, treating each level like a school year.
- Lower levels based on age must be class age by August 1
- Refund Policy: If requested before the second class, tuition (minus a $50.00 cancellation charge) may be refunded with the approval of the director.
- Make-up Class Policy: We will do our best to schedule Make-up Classes for cancellations due to weather closure; however, we CANNOT GUARANTEE this for classes that meet on Saturdays due to limited studio space availability. Other classes may make-up with a lower level at another time during the week.
Please read and adhere to class dress code policies, found HERE.
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $15 - MUST be paid at the time of application to be considered registered
(Optional) Financial Aid Application Fee: $10
- Please see class offerings page for class fees.
Online Registration: September 5, 2015
Full Tuition: At the time of Registration
Financial Aid Paperwork: August 21, 2015
Please bring both the Safety & Media Release forms to the first day of class and turn in to the Pre-College Ballet Office (MAC 308). If you are applying for financial aid, follow the instructions on the form to turn it in.
- Download the Safety Form [PDF]
Download the Media Release Form [PDF]
Download the Financial Aid Application [PDF]
- *Download the JSOM Code of Conduct [PDF] -
*JSOM Code of Conduct is for Advanced-Intermediate, Advanced, and Pre-Professional Levels: IU Jacobs School of Music has instituted a new Code of Conduct. This must be read, signed, and turned in to the Pre-College Office (MAC 308) NO LATER than the end of the first week of classes, Saturday, September 5th, 2015.
Financial Aid may be awarded to families who have a total family income under $35,000 per year. Families with multiple children may have a higher income if qualify for reduced school lunch fees.
International students may apply for a merit based scholarship, but are not eligible for financial aid. Only United States Citizens and Permanent Legal Residents may apply for Financial Aid.
Step 1: Use the online registration procedure to create your student record. Tuition payment is not required at this time. Pay only the registration fee and financial aid fee at this time. Upon completion of the $25 payment, go to Step 2.
For a Financial Aid application please Click Here
The following three items will be required with the Financial Aid Application.
• Completed Financial Aid Application
• Photocopies of Parent/Guardian’s most recent Federal Tax Form 1040
• Copies of W2s
PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL FINANCIAL AID PAPERWORK FOR SECURITY REASONS
You should mail or fax paperwork to the address listed at the bottom of the financial aid application.
Once the tuition waiver has been determined, families will be contacted by email and given further instruction. At that time, you will be able to return to the student’s record using the same user name and password, and pay remaining fees. Student may begin lessons while financial aid is being determined. If no financial aid is awarded, the entire amount will be owed.
If you have questions regarding your Financial Aid Application, please contact the Office of Pre–College and Summer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 855-6025.
If requested before the second class, tuition (minus a $50.00 cancellation charge) may be refunded with the approval of the director.