Upcoming Events in IU Opera and Ballet Theatre
2010 Fall Semester Calendar
- Friday September 3: registration and tuition deadline
- Friday, September 3, 5:00-6:00 PM: Open Registration and placement assessment for new students (not necessary for Creative Movement students)
- Tuesday, September 7: Pre-College Ballet classes begin this week. For clarification, the first day of each level’s class is listed in "Class Offerings".
- Saturday, September 11: Creative Movement classes begin
- Coming soon: Nutcracker Auditions for children ages 7-18. Exact date and times will be posted in the Ballet Department and all registered Pre-College Ballet students will be emailed the exact information.
- October 8 & 9 at 8pm in the MAC: “A Choreographers Evening”. IU Ballet Theater’s first production of the season will offer four ballets: Twyla Tharp’s Noir, George Balanchine’s Allegro Brillante, and his Glinka Pas de Trois. Rounding out the evening will be a new work, Baker Dances by Joshusa Burgasse (the stage director of April 2010’s West Side Story) in collaboration with Distinguished Professor David Baker’s original compositions. Get your tickets now as it will be a great evening of exciting ballet!
- October 18-23 and November 15-20: Parent Visitation weeks. No parents are allowed in the studio with the exception of Parent Visitation weeks. Email reminders will be sent to all Pre-College Ballet parents.
- November 8: tickets go on sale for The Nutcracker
- Monday, November 22 – Sunday, November 28: no classes due to IU’s Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, November 29 – Sunday, December 5: no classes due to IU Ballet Theater’s production of The Nutcracker
- December 3 at 8pm, December 4 at 2pm & 8pm, December 5 at 2pm: The Nutcracker. This holiday classic is one of Bloomington’s most popular productions. Tickets go on sale November 8. Those who purchase IU Ballet Theater season tickets will be able to choose their Nutcracker tickets early!
- The Pre-College Ballet Program reserves the right to alter Pre-College schedules due to the needs of the Ballet Department, IU Ballet Theater Dress Rehearsal weeks, and any other needs.