The Auto-W deadline for dropped classes (for courses that last the entire semester of spring 2020) has been extended to April 5.  In most cases, that is the latest you can drop a class. You can use the eDrop function to drop a class.

To add a class, email the Music Graduate Office with that request and we can assist you in making that change.

The Music Graduate Office staff are working remotely for the remainder of the spring semester.  Please contact us by phone or email.

We are accepting Program Planning Sheets for summer 2020 now and will start to accept them for fall 2020 on April 1.

Recent Announcements


Contact the Music Graduate Office

Office Location
East Studio Building 120 (JS 120)
205 S. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405

Mailing Address
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405

Hours: 8 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
Phone: 812-855-1738Phone

E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu

musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Eric Isaacson), Director 
serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Advisor
anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Laurie Staring), Secretary
musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Janis Cooper Parker), Doctoral Clerk

More Information

Information for Students Beginning a New Graduate Program

Orientation is an important part of your academic program. If you have any questions about orientation or the graduate programs at IU, send an e-mail (musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu), call (812) 855-1738, or stop by the Music Graduate Office (JS120).

If an extreme situation prevents you from attending the entire New Student Orientation, contact the Music Graduate Office immediately to ask about your options and the repercussions of missing part of Orientation.

Before orientation 

What to expect during orientation

Other Jacobs School of Music information

Other items of interest

Financial Aid

Direct questions about music financial aid (scholarships, fellowships, AI and GA appointments) to the Music Admissions and Financial Aid office (musicadm [at] indiana [dot] edu, 812-855-7998).

Direct questions about university financial aid (federal loans and grants) to the Office of Student Financial Assistance (University Financial Aid).