Faculty Resources

FAQ for New Faculty

Where do I get a key to my room?

Authorization to check out a key is initiated by the office of the Executive Associate Dean by email only to the Facilities office, where keys are issued.  The Facilities office is located in M031, in the basement of Simon Hall.

How do I find my university ID number and obtain information about payroll and benefits?

Contact the Jacobs School of Music Human Resources Director, Joyce Leonard, at (812) 855-1173 or jolleona@indiana.edu. You will need to meet with her to fill out required employment documents and at that time she will give you your university ID number.  If you are a US citizen, please bring your US passport or your driver’s license and social security card.  If you are not a US citizen, please bring your passport, all immigration documentation, and your US social security card, if you have one.

How do I set up an IU e-mail account?

Go to the Accounts Managements Services at: https://itaccounts.iu.edu/ and follow the instructions. You will be required to submit your ID number.  The user name and password are also used to log on to all IU accounts, such as OneStart and Canvas, so it is important to set this up as soon as possible.  You will need them to access rosters, grades, and your email.  If you prefer, you can get assistance setting up your account in person at the Information Commons on the first floor of the Wells Library, (1320 E. Tenth Street).

How do I find out about insurance and benefits?

Indiana University Human Resources will send an email to the personal email account you provided introducing all of the various IU Benefit Programs available to you, including health plans, retirement plans, and other benefits as well as instructions on how to enroll online.  Please be aware that your university benefits will begin on August 1st, provided you complete the online enrollment by August 30th.  Please contact Jacobs School of Music Human Resources Director, Joyce Leonard, at 855-1173 (Merrill Hall, room 114, jolleona@indiana.edu) with questions.

Link to IU Benefits: http://hr.iu.edu/benefits/index.html.

How do I get a parking pass?

Permits can be obtained at the Parking Operations Office, 310 S. Fess Ave., 855-9848 (Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday) or online at http://www.parking.indiana.edu/.

Where do I get a University ID card?

You can obtain your identification card at one of the Campus Card Services offices; either at the IU Memorial Union, Mezzanine level or at the Learning Commons (106) in the Wells Library.  You will need to bring a photo ID and your ten digit University ID number.  More information can be found at http://crimsoncard.iu.edu.

Where are the mailboxes in the school?

Mailboxes are located in Clouse's Lounge (the lobby between the Music Annex and Merrill Hall) and on the first floor of the East Studio Building. There are drop-off slots for campus mail and stamped, personal mail. Regular postal service, such as purchasing stamps, is not available.

Where do I find out about computer resources?

Please email Music Information Technology Services at musicits@indiana.edu or call 855-7832 for any computer assistance or equipment needs.

Where do I find out more information about activities in the School, or get more information?

See the JSoM home page and the Faculty/Staff section linked to the home page.  JSoM Bulletins are available in the East Studio Building, room 408, and online at http://bulletins.iu.edu/iub/music/2017-2018/.