Faculty FAQ

Faculty FAQ

Quick links:

How do I hire new/temporary staff?

Anyone who will be working as a counselor, student instructor, administrative assistant, etc. must be hired by the Hourly Payroll Office: jsompay@indiana.edu and must have an updated background check on file. Please compile a list which includes their name, intended position, and desired rate of pay (if you know), and send it by email to jsompay@indiana.edu. This hiring procedure is for hourly staff only and does not include those already on Faculty at the Jacobs School of Music.

back to top

Where do I send NEPRF forms?

Contact email: musnempl@indiana.edu.

Where can I ask questions about counselor payment?

Contact email: jsompay@indiana.edu

back to top

Where do I make/verify room reservations?

Contact email: musched@indiana.edu.
(Reservations for classrooms, studios, performance halls, and practice rooms)

Where do I request lockers for my students?

Contact email:  somfac@indiana.edu Locker reservations are made through the facilities office JSoM Facilities Website

back to top

How do I learn more about Programs Involving Children (PIC)?

For more information about University policies and requirements for Programs Involving Children (PIC), please see this website: CLICK HERE.

back to top

How do I get a parking pass?

Parking passes always have to be ordered in advance. Please remember to let us know if your guest artists or faculty are going to need an EMP pass. These are charged to your workshop account. Workshop attendees may purchase passes for the Jordan parking garage (EMP) on their workshop application. HOWEVER, if a participant is staying in Willkie we strongly urge they ask for a CH pass. CH passes are free and they may park in any CH lot on campus including the one for Read across the street.

You may contact Teresa Price if you have questions regarding parking passes, teprice@indiana.edu

For the parking operations website, CLICK HERE. contact email: parking@indiana.edu

back to top

How do I get a food permit?

If you are planning a reception, ice cream social, to serve coffee or popsicles on campus you MUST submit a Temporary Food Permit We have an online application available. For the application, CLICK HERE.

A copy of the approval form should be forwarded to the Facilities office at somfac@indiana.edu.

For more information about food permits, CLICK HERE.

back to top